Learn to sculpt and paint a super cute Sweetheart Ring Tray in this clay online class! Sculpt your ring tray out of oven baked clay and finish it off with paint. The finished tray shown is 4 inches in diameter. Yours may vary slightly in size due being handmade. You can even leave your fingerprint in the middle of the heart. Your tray can be used for many other items as well- earrings, a single dried flower, even love notes.
You will need to purchase a 1lb package of Sculpey Super Sculpting Compound in beige before hand from either Amazon or your local craft store. Some other materials you may need to purchase are simple white and red craft or artist acrylic colors and paint brushes. Other items needed should already be in your home.
This class does require the use of a home oven. Children taking this class will require supervision because of the oven.
The Sweetheart Ring Tray class is a beginners class and doesn’t require any previous experience with clay or sculpting. Class is for 8 years old and up. Perfect for teens and adults too! The class length is 1.5 hours long.
What you’ll learn:
- How to prepare your clay
- Basic shapes needed to make the ring bowl
- How to form your ring bowl
- How long to cook the clay for
- How to paint your ring bowl
So cute for Valentines Day and the perfect gift to give or keep yourself!
For a successful class on how to make the Sweetheart Ring Tray, please purchase these items beforehand:
1. One pound box of Sculpey Super Sculpting Compound in Beige- can be ordered from Amazon or bought at your local craft store.
2. White and red acrylic paints. I used Liquitex Titanium White and Bright Red.
3. Multiuse and multi-size acrylic paint brushes. Sizes used in photos were a size 6 Round and a size 4 Round brush.
Other items you might need:
1. Paper plate and paper towels.
2. A wood skewer or a wood pencil.
3. Piece of aluminum foil and or wax paper to protect work surface.
4. A metal cookie sheet or baking pan.
5. An aluminum can (empty or full) or a bowl.
5. An oven. You will need to pre-heat your oven prior to class time.
6. An adult to help (if you’re 8-12).
You will receive full printable instructions when you sign up for the class. This class will be conducted over zoom and you will receive the zoom call information (number and passcode) when you purchase the class. A cell phone, tablet, laptop and webcam are needed for the class.
When: Friday, February 12, 5 pm
Time zone of class: EST
Class Duration:1.5 hours in length
Children 8-12 will require an adult to help with the oven. Children younger than 8 may participate with an adult.