A refreshing, low-sugar cucumber limeade mocktail recipe for Dry January. During Dry January social drinkers attempt to cut out alcohol altogether for the month of January. The habit of drinking is often difficult to drop, even for the most motivated ones. Finding substitute drinks helps keep your hands busy with a drink to sip. If the drink is pretty, tasty, and refreshing, it also becomes a nice treat to help you keep you on track.
Cucumber Limeade Mocktail Recipe
- 1/4 cup cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1/2 cup good quality tonic
- cucumber peel, for garnish (optional)
- Place a good amount of ice in cocktail glass and set aside.
- Using a cocktail shaker, add the cucumber and muddle until well mashed and liquid.
- Add the lime juice, lemon juice and agave. Shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Strain mixture into the prepared glass. Top with tonic. Garnish with cucumber if using.